Wednesday, July 20, 2011

On Monday afternoon Sunita told me that a girl named Sabrina who is a volunteer in Bangalore was coming to see Mysore and needed a place to stay. That was basically all the information we had, so I had no idea what to expect. She arrived right after school was over, so I went over to John and Sunita's apartment to say hello and take Sabrina over to mine. Over lunch I learned that she is 21, going into her senior year at Bethel College in Indiana, she grew up in Peru and Bolivia as an MK, her siblings are very close in age to mine, and (most surprisingly) that we have the same flight from Bangalore to London on August 4th! It was unbelievable to both of us. She was great company on Monday evening, Tuesday, and this morning.

She has been volunteering in a HIV clinic and orphanage 1 hour from Bangalore for around 3 weeks now, and it's also her first time in India. She heard about John and Sunita and BGSS from a contact of a contact (the way most things work around here) and emailed them a few weeks ago asking if she could stay with them while she visited Mysore.

So yesterday I took her into the city to see the inside of the Mysore Palace and a few other things. The palace is incredible inside, with lots of ornate carvings, tiled floors, and stained glass.

I don't have much time to write now, but I thought I should share how crazy it was to meet someone on the same flight as me! God works in weird ways!

No comments:

Post a Comment