Saturday, July 23, 2011

Friday was Laura and Jana's last day at BGSS, so we turned project day into party day! After our normal morning routine of songs and prayer with the children, we broke out the party hats and started decorating. The older children helped to blow up balloons and hang streamers all over the main room. We played games with them like musical chairs, hot potato with a balloon, and a game where they had to grab pieces of candy tied to a string without using their hands. Although we were a little worried that they wouldn't understand the games, everyone (teachers included) was having so much fun. The joyful laughter didn't stop all afternoon and the happiness and excitement was so tangible. It was great.

After the party games were over we had a time to appreciate Laura and Jana and pray for them. They sang a song in German and played the guitar, and John, Sunita, and Il Young made little speeches thanking them for their dedication and joyful service to the kids over this past year. They started crying and it was so sweet to see the kids get up to pray for both of them. Then we had a really big lunch with everyone together.

Although I still get to spend time with them before they leave on Wednesday, it made me really sad as well. We weren't sure if the children really understood what was happening, but some of them seemed to know that this was goodbye. As the three of us closed the gate and walked away from the school, they were all waving goodbye. It was adorable and really, really sad. We went out to our favorite cafe and just talked about how much they would miss the children, and all their good memories from the entire year.

Yesterday I went with Sunita and John to this lunch hosted by the Mysore YWAM DTS. They were saying goodbye to a Korean team who is leaving today. It's the same team that came to the school and gave us our day off on Tuesday! I love hearing the testimonies they give after their time working in various ministries around the city. We had entirely Korean food for lunch, none of which I had seen before. But I am willing to try everything, and it was really good. But hard to describe, because I have no idea what it was.

Sunita and her friend Shiro (along with Sunita's mother) left yesterday to go to Madurai for 5 days, so John is alone with all four kids. I came over this morning to watch them while he goes to speak at the church in the bar. I'll see Laura and Jana today for a while, and then start a new week at school on Monday. It will be my last full week; I can't believe it!

Thank you for all your prayers. I miss everyone so much, but I also wish that I could stay longer! If you remember, please pray for a productive week at school, for my last days with Laura and Jana, for Sunita and the other ladies who are traveling, and also for my plans for this upcoming year. I am trusting it all to God!

No comments:

Post a Comment